Saltbush Evangelical Church, Broken Hill
Saltbush Evangelical Church in Broken Hill has a position for a full time ministry worker starting in 2019. The position is as an assistant to the pastor with a major focus on leading our youth ministry. So if you think you could handle a desert change, moving to a large rural centre that has very little gospel presence, then this job might be for you. The position is fully funded for 2 years.
Roles and responsibilities:
The major focus for this role will be youth ministry. The successful applicant will join and lead our youth ministry team in three main areas: reaching community youth with the gospel, secondly growing our existing youth in their knowledge and love of Christ and thirdly, training youth leaders. Other responsibilities may include: leading home bible study groups, preaching, one to one ministry, training others etc. These other activities will be determined by the areas of giftedness of the successful applicant.
- Godly character, love for Jesus and desire to make and grow disciples are key requirements for this position.
- Experience in youth ministry is an important consideration as well.
- Formal theological education is desirable.
- If you are poorly organised and arrive late to events regularly then this job is not for you.
- If you handed in more than 15% of your college assessments after the due date this job is also not for you.
- If you are willing to step out of your comfort zone and have a crack for Jesus then you should apply.
- If you are keen to learn as you go, with the support of a group of relaxed, Jesus-loving country folk, then you should also apply.
Saltbush church was planted 8 years ago out of a desire to reach out to the community of Broken Hill with the saving news of the Christ crucified. The church is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (FIEC). We are not large in number but we are large in our desire to impact our community. Broken Hill is 1,200km west of Sydney, it has a population of 17,000. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
Apply in writing with references and at least 4 referees: 2 mentors, 1 peer and 1 person you have lead/taught/ trained.
Address applications to: email@example.com
If you would like to chat more about the position you can email or call 0403 624 158
Saltbush Evangelical Church Broken Hill Incorporated
PO Box 401, Broken Hill NSW 2880
Lead Pastor, Saltchurch, Wollongong
Salt is a Bible-based, Christ centered and mission focused church located in Wollongong. Since its commencement in 2012, we have seen significant growth across our two Sunday gatherings, particularly with young families and young adults. We’re an active member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches and structure the church’s ministry around 5 purposes – Magnification, Membership, Maturity, Ministry and Mission.
We are seeking to appoint a godly, experienced Pastor to lead our church in reaching a flood of lifelong disciples in the Illawarra region.
Key responsibilities include:
● Oversee the development and implementation of the strategic direction and vision of the church
● Facilitate and mentor the pastoral team
● Faithfully preach God’s Word, with passion and dedication, glorifying Him and maturing His disciples
● Ensure the clear and faithful presentation of God’s Word in all ministry areas of the church.
● Commit to seeking ways to proclaim the gospel throughout the Illawarra
Equip, support and send Salt members on mission within the local community, nationally and globally
A full Job Description (including selection criteria) and information pack can be obtained from www.saltchurch.info/lp/
As part of the application process, you are required to address each of the selection criteria in a separate written document. Applications should be addressed to “The selection panel” and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 21st December, 2018
To list a position here, please email us at email@example.com or fill in the attached form: